HybridZ

74 260z build "From the middle forwards and backards!"

First update in a while. I just moved to a new place and its great. I went from this........

115.jpg

To this. The previous owners coated the floor and its very spacious.

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

I recently shot a quick video of my car running to show the carbs in working order before I try to sell em. here it is. See if you can tell how bad the head sounds. For some reason it sounded like a diesel even after several correct valve adjustments.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb294/Tempered117/?action=view&current=116.flv

The second I pulled the Z into the garage I started to disassemble it, pulled the cowl, hood, carbs, radiator and other goodies. This is her current state. Just waiting on a cherry picker to pull the whole thing out. I'll update soon.

049.jpg

well now i'm getting cold feet on the Z conversion. Everyone and their brother are telling me to put the 327 in the 50 Ford. I would love too but I want to do it nice and slow on that car, eventually give it to my son. I am almost tempted since I really love the L6 and the twice pipes sound. I just found some triple webers real cheap so that must be a sign that I should keep it nissan. Any one have any thoughts?

I bought my 240Z for a V8 conversion also...

Has a 4 barrel draw-thru turbo system... Got it running and am sorting suspension/ brakes , etc......

I will collect V8 parts as I go.... Still able to auto-x and do track days as I go in mean time....

You might think of a similar route and be able to work on truck too....