HybridZ

skinnies that fit over z32 brakes?

fsuz32

I'm looking for a set of front runners, either prostars or draglites, but am curious to see what it takes to clear z32 brakes. Prostars I have heard will take a large spacer but I was just just curious how much grinding the caliper helps. I do know that prostars will fit with a 1/4" spacer with q45 brakes and that might be the direction i'm heading if I can't find a solid answer on this. If anyone is running them please include backspacing and width! Thanks

Nick

You can go 2 ways. order a set of draglites and run a 2 inch spacer or you can order as set of bogart wheels that have that spacer welded on. i did both on my s30 (has z32 brakes) and it looks funny.

Some of the more expensive drag wheels offer a larger backspacing of 2 1/4 inch but they are 400+ per wheels and you will still have to run a spacer. thats all i have been able to find.

I think mazda has a spare tire rim that has allot of backspacing but not too sure you want to run a spare tire rim on a drag car.

I ran the Convo Pros for a little while on my Z. They seem to do alright.

I turned down a spacer on a lathe to about 3/4" thick with some longer wheel studs.

Rim 5 on 4.5 bolt circle

15"x4" rim

2.313" backspacing

I will measure the spacers tonight to let you know for sure how thick they are. I don't remember too well but I think they sat pretty flush with the fender.

Hey man you mind taking mea pic or 2 of those wheels on your z? Thanks for the input. I don't really like the idea of running a big spacer, which is why I might just end up running j30/q45 brakes. If they can stop those big cars, they can stop my z lol.

btw dts: Nice swap man. Me and my buddy are about to drop a lt1 in a 95 240sx, curious, any regrets over not going ls1?

Well just to update this thread for anyone else with this question (not like that many people actually put bigs and littles on a z32 but w/e)

Greg Weld Dragstar 17"x4.5" w/ 2.25" backspacing with 15mm spacer and ARP extended studs has been confirmed to clear 26mm Z32 calipers. Also with this wheel you can run a 205/50/17 radial which is ~$65 a piece.

Hey man you mind taking mea pic or 2 of those wheels on your z? Thanks for the input. I don't really like the idea of running a big spacer, which is why I might just end up running j30/q45 brakes. If they can stop those big cars, they can stop my z lol.

btw dts: Nice swap man. Me and my buddy are about to drop a lt1 in a 95 240sx, curious, any regrets over not going ls1?

Sorry, no can do on the pictures I actually sold them about 4 years ago... I was liquidating everything to get a house.

Thanks! No regrets I like the LT1. Its a good solid platform with plenty of power potential.

Here are pics on a S30. My car has z31 spindles and z32 brakes. You can see how even with 3.5 inch wide rims the spacer required also required the overfenders!!!

00_00027.jpg

I will end up running a regulare size 5-6 inch wide rims with the right offset and backspacing to keep the tires under the fender

looks good man thats a sweet car, ... figured i'd update again, I think I found the wheels im going with on the rear, they are 15x8 prostar's w 5.5" bs and a 15mm spacer.. they are my buddys and came with 28" tall tires so i figure'd i'd see how they fit... it's a no go lol

05-03-09_1508.jpg

05-03-09_1509.jpg

05-03-09_1510.jpg

05-03-09_1511.jpg

the pro stars fit though, so i think i am just going to run 26 or 27" slicks on them, i'm thinking 27x11x15. The only thing that concerns me, is they stick out slightly more than i think i'd like..but i'm getting them for a pretty good price. what do you guys think, they arn't bolted down and in the air, once it's lowered I think they will tuck a lil more. I also plan on flaring my fenders.

05-03-09_1644.jpg

05-03-09_1645.jpg

05-03-09_1646.jpg

05-03-09_1647.jpg