HybridZ

Got fuel got spark no sputter or idle!!

softopz

Hey thanks for the ideas.

Yes I get a constant rpm signal doesnt fade on or off.

I also do have cheap plugs 2 sets I keep alternating them around cleaning them. They arent new by any means but I havent put any mileage on them.

I dont have a wideband my brother does, I was thinking of just getting to atleast idle and somewhat driveable before any wideband tuning.

I havent got around to touching the car yet I get so frustrated with the project every now and then I really need to back off. Start gathering ideas/ research and get back at it.

Guest Rolling Parts

W/O a timing light to confirm that the newly installed EDIS is sparking at the correct time, It will be awfully frustrating. It's also useful to "see" that all coils are actually firing by just moving the light to each ignition wire. Just getting an RPM is a good sign, it's just not the whole picture.

I'm assuming you got the correct pigtail on the coil pack now? One with 4 wires (power, coil A, B and C?).

You haven't described to us what the engine does when you try to start it??? Does it fire a cylinder once in a while, does it pop and backfire, does it start and die, or does it never fire a single cylinder? Its not that hard to get an engine to start up and die within a few seconds on a new megasquirt install so I am thinking you have other problems. You can put in the cranking and ASE settings from metro's jpeg sticky and it will fire right off (of course you use the calculator in megatune to get the correct required fuel for your injector size).

Hey guys major update. IT RUNS WELL SORTA heres the deal....

I went and got a good batterey and new plugs. With the new plugs the light started flashing I guess they transmit spark better and shows to the light more effecient anywho. I disconnected db37 essentially running EDIS on "limp home mode" then I turned the wheel around till I got it to flash around 10-15 btdc. So now it I get a good sputter going and I got to run a little bit. However it doesnt idle nor rev nicely, there also is allot of black/grey/blue smoke smells like gas. The plugs are fouled in carbon/fuel. I am uploading my msq with the data log that I took. I tried to change the req fuel higher and lower still did not help, then played with cranking pulses lowered them still nada; ASE percentage and warmup still not too good. Could you guys give me some more insight the help has been more than great and I could not do it with out you guys. I would really appreciate if somoene could look over my complete msq in review mode. And the attached data log may help out a bit. Keep in mind my setup is

f54 block bored .5 mm over

p90 head

240sx TB and TPS

GM air and water sensors

EDIS ignition

stock 280zxt injectors

ms2 2.68 (I Believe)

NO intercooler stock boost

Datsun 240zT.rar

ITS RUNNING AND IDLING ON ITS OWN !!!!! lots of smoke still has a nice healthy idle too ! Takes a little to start. The smoke was burning my eyes though. There is lots of "tuning" to be done. I have a new data log of the beast. I dont have a wideband however that is on top of the list. There is a major squel coming from the timing cover I thought it was the belt but I think its the chain tensioner rubbing. I''ll have to deal with that issue as well. Here is the latest data log and here is the Video

Datsun 240zT2.rar