HybridZ

Best Datsun Manual?

Dan Juday

I need to know guys. What is the best Datsun manual for a '73 240? Specifically, electrical diagrams. As soon as the paint is dry in the engine bay I'll be wedging the 305tpi in. The previous owner really hacked up the wires in this car, too many stereo and alarm transplants I presume. Also, JTR highly recommends the Helm manuals when doing a tpi swap. Can I get a witness?

The best advise I can give you is to not limit yourself to just one manual. I've got 4 manuals on the Z.

Anytime I come upon another manual I dont already have I'll buy it. I've seen some informative pictures & diagrams in cheaper manuals that were not in the more expensive manuals & vic-versa.

Certainly you'll want to obtain a Nissan Factory Service Manual for your year: go to a swap meat-there are people that specialize in collecting & selling service/shop manuals of all makes/models

Also you should obtain specialy books on How to restore your Datsun Z, Haynes & Chiltons: they all have something to add....it just depends on what your budget is & how much info your needing.

I have a printed copy of the 240/260Z microfiche, that a guy on the 240Z-club list http://www.240z.org sells. I don't remember his name. Also, check that site as the guy that runs that list and site is selling a CD of the 240-280Z parts microfiche scans.

The parts fiche is SO helpful with the exploded diagrams. and you can find your own numbers to order from Nissan.

Guest Fast Frog

I also echo Kevin's thots! I've got 3 one of them. One is a Clymers. Each one has something a little bit clearer or better on a particular subject than the others.