HybridZ

Unknown Bolt Question

hey guys

i took apart my car recently and put all the bolts in a can and i was sorting them out and fiqured all of them out except these 4 long 6" bolts, i kept them together when i took them off with the washer and the nut so i believe they go together, any help would be much appriciated

sorry for the bad quality

Thanks

Nick

PICT00042.JPG

Are they 10x1.25 thread? I'm also assuming by your handle that your car is a 77? More than likely, they are the bolts that attach the front diff mount to the diff itself. Although, that's only 2 bolts. You have 4. On a ZX, there are 4 of those sized bolts that hold the diff to the rear member. Need a little more info.

thanks for replying, it is a 77 but the weird thing is the diff is still in the car i never took it out, i knew whta they were for 5 months ago i cleaned the threads and put the nuts on but i cant figure it out now, the best i can come up with was i riped a r200 out of a 280zx at the junkyard and somehow they managed to end up with my bolt collection at home?

Thanks

Nick

That would be my guess, as I have 4 of those exact same bolts in my bin from when I bought a diff off a guy from a 280ZX. I had to remove the diff from the rear crossmember, and remember those bolts quite clearly. Heck - if the car is together, keep them as spares!