HybridZ

Drive Cut Too Short?

Miles

Given: 240z SBC swap with Camaro T5 5 speed trans

I measured the drive shaft length after inserting it into the trans and then backing it out 3/4 inch. The measurement from adaptor eye to input yoke eye center was 19 3/4 inches. The machine shop cut it to 19 1/2 inches.

Will this be a problem and should I have it lengthened to 19 3/4 inches?

Thanks

Miles

Yep 1 inch and we'll call it good.

Also, there is some ATF leaking from around the output shaft seal and it is a rebuilt trans.

New problem is that the Tilton 7/8 clutch MC and camaro slave are not moving the TO arm far enough. I have the push rod adjusted all the way to the end and have bled. This is a common problem as I have read a number of similar posts here. I will try more bleeding.

Thanks

Miles

Miles, you can use a speedi-sleave on the driveshaft yoke. That may stop the tranny fluid leak if the yoke is groved.

On the clutch, keep bleading it. I ended up doing it off the car and just submerging the whole thing in a bucket of brake fluid. Messy, but it worked. I originally had a 3/4" MC as per the old JTR manual. That never worked. Moving up the the 7/8" did the trick.

Dan

I swapped the Tilton push rod for the Datsun push rod and have it adjusted all the way out. So I'll check the total travel. Per Tilton the 7/8 the travel should be 1.1 inch. I didn't bench bleed the MC so I'll do that too.

Thanks