HybridZ

What do the letters on the back of the ignition switch say?

I am trying to figure out which prongs on the back of my 1975 280z ignition switch control what. I see that there are some letters on the back of it and they are

B S

A IG

R

I have been looking thru my Chiltons and I am not seeing anything.

This is what i am looking at:

f953_1.JPG

Also, how do you think i should attatch the wire to the copper tooth? I saw these things, i might go look for some tomorrow. The tooth is .25" wide

bvfd187.jpg

Can someone help??

Is there a female plug that goes into the back of it? I looked around and I dont see a plug that corresponds with the pattern. If there is a plug, could I get a picture of it by chance?

Adam

B = Battery

S = Starter

A = Accessory

IG = Ignition

R = Relay

Female Plug? Yes, usually blue or white in color. It should be there right next to the switch as it's incorporated into a LARGE wiring harness that runs through the dashboard. (Sorry, no pic availabel at the moment.)

Perhaps a Factory Service Manual would help your more than any forum could. I'd suggest downloading it from here as soon as you can. (If it says "TNA" next to the 77 280Z model, it simply means "Temporarily Not Available", click on the "TNA" and check back at the top of the hour. It should become available as your request for it should be filled at that time.)