HybridZ

Upper Intake Manifold R&R

NCchris

I used the Twin Turbo plenum pull howto to great success last time.

On the bright side, you can yoink the water lines under the plenum, and remove the charcoal canister, EGR, and PRVR stuff this time, which makes the plenum pull about an hour's work the next time.

Tip: buy yourself a set of stubby metric wrenches. That's the only way I could get the EGR bolts out of the plenum. Make sure you hold onto them, as I lost my 10mm on the last one, and never saw it again.

Oh, and repeat this mantra: hands of a child, arms of a woman, strength of a gorilla

Im trying to remember how I did it. I think I just ended up taking the upper manifold off (it was about a year ago)...

As for loosing the wrenchs. I kept doing that also so now I take a peice of fishing line (had it around) and made a slip knot on both sides knot on the shaft of the wrench and the other around my wrist. havent lost one since :D

I have replaced every injector I have by means of the dremel method and can replace any injector inside of 10 minutes now. I will say that if you still have the weak OEM screws in there it may be easier to pull it because they tend to want to strip out easy. I replaced all of mine with allen heads which makes a world of difference.