HybridZ

ls1 powered z car destroying alternators?

Matt,

What alternator do you have? and was your Speartech harness built for a 98-99 f-body or 01-02 f-body ? the pigtails for the alternators are different. My Speartech harness has two wires on the alternator pigtail (1) gray (1) red, however I could not used the Trans AM CS130D internal fan in the 10:00 oclock position, so I bought a CS130 external fan alternator with the accssories. I no longer used the pigtail off the Speartech harness, I have a CS130 pigtail that has a (1) yellow wire with a 85 ohm resistor built in the connector that will connect to the alternator exciter wire and (1) 8 ga red wire that connects to constant 12 volts. Post a picture of what you have.

Glenn

• 5 months later...

Bringing back this thread.

I havnt destoryed an alternator since this thread. But its still in the back of my mind cause I didnt really change much. Here are pictures of how everything is hooked up. Maybe someone will see something obvious?

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120-1.jpg

IMG_0121-1.jpg

IMG_0122-3.jpg

Excuse the mess. Some wiring changes were happening when the pictures were changing and the car had been sitting a while.