HybridZ

Calipers dont fit MM disk bracket! help!

i just bought a rear disk conversion from modern-motorsports and then bought a set of "89" calipers and after i put the bracket and rotor on i went to put the calipers on but they would not fit because the bottom part of the housing on the caliper was too big and wouldn't fit. I wasn't sure if O'reily's sent me the wrong calipers but after searching i saw that they are different than the ones that are shown in other forums as well as on the MM site. it says on the site that 89-94 are the calipers that fit. in a forum about disk coversions on here it said 90-94. but the ones i recieved arent the same. any information would be great! thanx

also it says to source the calipers complete with hangars. what are they so i know if i need to find some or not

He has a picture of the calipers with the hangers on his website, check there for reference.

My calipers were '89 models, those are the correct ones. The "hangers" mentioned refer to the metal brackets that are used to hold the E-brake cables, which you will need if you want your E-brake to work. They are not essential to mounting the calipers to the MM brackets, though. I sourced my hangers from my local Nissan dealership through their parts dept. Be sure to purchase a Right and Left one, they're different. About $25 per bracket, and then a couple bolts to hold them.