HybridZ

Factory Shifter with Turbo 350

Some of you may have been somewhat following my '76 283-Glide Conversion. Well I was really dissapointed with the performance of the Powerglide, and after speaking with Grumpyvette I decided to trade a friend a fresh Turbo 350 for my powerglide. The tranny already had a rebuild with a shift kit, I decided to add a Jegs 3,000 stall converter, chrome pan and filter kit, B&M kickdown cable. And instead of getting a $100 Lokar transmission dipstick, I decided to try a knockoff from ebay for $25. I have to say that it is very good quality and I am extremely satisfied.

For my shift linkage I pulled out the shifter lever that is held in with the set screw and flipped it over to the other side, drilled a hole, welded in a new nut and reinstalled. The shift rod is the factory rod with a few minor bends in it. The holes in the bottom of the shifter, and the lever on the transmission were too big so I welded them up, ground them smooth, and drilled a 5/16 hole in the middle. Turned out very nice, so I thought i would share for anyone who is going through the same process.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg