HybridZ

1jz+E6k = need a little assistance

Meph

Hey

Ive been trying to get my 1jz fired up with the e6k. (1jz= 12 tooth crank wheel and home signal on cam, 24 teeth per revolution ect. )

The usual setup for a 1jz is tooth offset 10 and trigger deg 65 ish.

To get my engine timing to match the locked in value (10deg)I had to run a tooth offset of 8 and 52 trigger degrees. Any ideas why my settings are so differnt? Ive tryed wiring the cam position sensor in reverse but the timing is way off.

When I try to fire up the engine it seems like it wants to go but it will suddenly die, and the ECU shutdowns (laptop reads "Reconnect Haltech") Could this be related to my timing settings? would it be better to run an offset of 7 with a higher trigger degree?

Also,

whats the best way to calibrate the gain on the triggers? I have mine at liek 7 and 4 to get it to spark the plugs, a lot higher than normal

Thanks a bunch

Meph

Ive been playing with it somemore. Im 95% sure my settings and wiring is correct but, Falling edge, int. reluctor. I zeroed my timing ( tooth offset 11 trigger 66). I can crank the engien over fine, with the plugs out they will spark in the correct order, but when I combine them with the fuel and such in the engine It will just die. as show in my video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9kA-ZDNum0

• 1 month later...

Did you get it worked out? Something I didn't see before... Your ECU seems to be resetting. This would indicate an inadequate power supply to the ECU or something that's falling off while cranking. Basically, the ECU is powering down and that's probably the reason for the disco from the laptop.