HybridZ

reintroducing myself

my name is steve and im in apple valley, california. aka the desert. been into zcars for years and try to always attend the MSA show. met a few people from the boards over the last 10 years or so that i have been into zcars. havent been on the boards in a while and just got my back interest in the zcar.

i had a 76 for years and found frame damage on it. it had also been in a wreck on the body work was beyond my skill level or pocket book. my neighbor agreed to take that one off my hands and will turn it into a v8 bracket racer. i hate getting rid of it but its going to a good home and i will be able to see it progress. plus we added a stipulation that if he no longer wants it i get it back.

well to feed the need i picked up a 77 5 speed with a straight frame and body. no rust that i can see. only spot im worried about is where the antenna was. there is surface rust on the suspension and every bushing will need to be replaced, but that is all do-able. car was not running when i got it and looks to have had a blown head gasket. engine is already yanked and the built motor i had for the 76 is already bolted in.

hehe Well Welcome back, and hello from Albuquerque NM...

You might look in all the Usual Suspects areas for rust. if you have some, it's a good bet there's more. hopefully it'll all be surface and easy to remedy. Before you get discouraged again, there's nothing you can't fix with the following

Money

Work

Time

You can pick any two. that is unless you have A LOT of the first.

It sounds like you know your way around a Z pretty good, so just let us know if you have any questions, or are looking for a better way to do something. Oh and you might look into Classic car/stated value insurance. it's often cheaper and better coverage than standard on these cars.

Phar