HybridZ

Need help with my l28et

During acceleration it hesitates and misfires. But it only does it when its warmed up..

Bone stock l28et Swaped into a S30 280z

Have not gotten a downpipe yet, so im not running an O2 sensor right now. Could that possibly be the problem?

Iv tryed 3 Different types of spark plugs and nothing helped.

Iv replaced the coil

Iv replace the TPS

the AFM moves freely (no snags) and the contacts are clean.

I would like to finish this car, but i dont know where to start.

Read efi bible.

Out of the hole, wild guess.....running lean.

You will probably have to get to know the car better so you can ask more specific questions, or give more details.

Yeah i figured people were gonna say that, Thanks for trying to help at least!

you need to check afm, when I had the turbo 280zx that would be one of the symptoms.

are it be the ignition system, and like bay area stated check your fuel pressure,

this what I would do is make the afm is alright and if that checks out, then what I would

do when it warms up get a small spray bottle and put some gas in the bottle and spray the mist of fuel into the air filter cavity and rev the throttle linkage meaning give it some gas and if it does not backfire when you apply the mist spray of fuel that means your fuel pressure maybe low and leaning out, but i truly think its the afm are ignition

So you arent running any exhaust of any kind, just strait out the wastegate housing?

yeah its temporary till i get the engine running straight then im gonna get the exhaust made, my money takes the level of importance pathway if u know what i mean.

you need to check afm, when I had the turbo 280zx that would be one of the symptoms.

are it be the ignition system, and like bay area stated check your fuel pressure,

this what I would do is make the afm is alright and if that checks out, then what I would

do when it warms up get a small spray bottle and put some gas in the bottle and spray the mist of fuel into the air filter cavity and rev the throttle linkage meaning give it some gas and if it does not backfire when you apply the mist spray of fuel that means your fuel pressure maybe low and leaning out, but i truly think its the afm are ignition

i have a Fuel Pressure gauge, and it holds about 35 psi fp.

I think one or two of my injectors are clogged though, and im looking for a place localy that rebuilds them.

When I was running stock electronics it was always the AFM or ECU connection that made it run like crap. Try running without the knock sensor. Check timing and fuel pressure too.

That efi bible is great for troubleshooting. Good luck.

Yeah ill play around with that stuff again.

first thing i tryed was the knock sensor, cause thats what i thought it was too, but no difference when its unpluged.

By the way

Im considering doing a standalone, is their any recommendations u could give me?