HybridZ

First attempt at building motor mounts. Input is appriciated!

I've got a 5.3 LSx sitting on my crane in my Z31's engine bay and I'm attempting to design motor mounts for it. This is what I have come up with thus far. Please let me know if something seems like it will fail, kill someone, burst into flames, etc. Thanks.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s37/vgames33/?action=view&current=mountidea.jpg

I'm assuming that box tubing would work better than the pipe, but I have pipe laying around, so I'd rather use it if I can.

Just because you have something laying around, does not mean you should use it.Do your self a favor and pick up a small pc. of sq or rectangle tube and do it right.If you still go this route, make sure you grind off all the galv. in the weld zone for your health , but more importantly, to get a stronger weld.

when doing prototypes on components like motor mounts building a test fit /clearance checker model for plexi-glass and glue can give you a good deal of info alot faster than welding it up out of 3/8" plate cut to fit, theres not alot thats more fustrating than fabricating some component like motor mounts that look great only to find out the headers or fuel pump,suspension etc. won,t clear

• Like 1