HybridZ

OK My Symptoms of a BAD O2

RUZN

So if some don't know. 280zxt (Z31 ECU & Turbo)

So first my car ran very well for weeks after my Swap. Suddenly one day I started popping and blowing some good smoke puffs (black grey) out my exhaust at red Lights and at about Half throttle. So I began testing, poking prodding, adjusting timing ect ect.

Today 2 weeks later, due to the fact I'm very involved in Automotive Shooling I had some time to really get in there.

I replaced TPS, Temp sensors, thermostats you name it anything that failed tests or was slightly off.

In the end I decided to get down into the O2. Boy I swear it tested good before.. lol Today it failed miserably 0.01Volts max LOL of which it should be like .30 to .45volts range.

So I took my Stock 280zxt O2 and tested out of car and got a 0.43Volt reading by holding my butane torch to it. So Good!

the New O2 was soot covered and toast. (I think thanx to a bad FPR I got that im sure failed as the needle would bounce from 36psi to 20psi to 45psi)

lol

Love ya all!

Remember if your blowing black and your milage becomes 1MPG check your O2!!!!