HybridZ

Turbo Tom guys - I need some help

I am mocking up my TT system on an old block and head so I can pre-buy the appropriate lines and connections for a fast install later.

I think I have all the connections to the intake log and the carb correct, but please let me know if any of you see something amiss.

th_intakemanifoldforTTsystem.jpg

Where I am getting lost is the connections that are open to the air/fuel stream in the casting that supports the carb. There a three lines coming in, one on each open side. Can someone in the know let me know what connections are made to these openings? I can see one for NOS, but I am not sure of the others.

th_castingundercarb.jpg

Thanks

PCV, NOS, and Brake Booster Vaccum Source.

Usually there are two more, that aren't in the plenum, but in a separate chamber beneath it, and that is for your bypass water supply from the thermostat base through those two lines and thence to the water pump inlet---it helps with cold weather drivability and in humid climates keeps the bottom of the plenum from turning into one huge ball of ice (icing!).

Hope that helped.

Don't forget to use the PCV valve off a Nissan! It has flow characterisitics that give some strange evacuation flow rates. You would think at idle it would suck like crazy, and at WOT (low vacuum) it would close up and become inefficient...but it really does work well (uses a tapered spool through an orifice internally to control flow rates almost contrary to what you would think based on volume and vaccum present!)