HybridZ

picking up a 280z

vega

i am picking up a 280z with a bad clutch runs great and all 500 bucks great body guy just doenst know what he has.

im already looking into building the l28 in it from my understanding the only difference fromt he l28 and the turbo is the pistons head and duh the turbo. my queation is what do you guys use to tune these things? is it mechanciale fuel injection or with some kind of ecm im just really confused on this part everything i read about hte l series engines is all about carburating it which would not be fun because i would have to change the jets every time the temp changes and it would have to be different jets from the front and back for the turbo. not fun.

so what engine managment systems are out there for this? links that may be useful? anything else i need to consider?

btw if that does not work are there carb kits for the l28 from fuel injection tot carb?

It should be electronic fuel injection.

pistons are flat tops.

Head may be a p79 with steel inserts.

Megasquirt ecu.

Good times.

You may want to do some searching. The head and block combo will work for you, just get more info in order to ask more direct questions.

I'm feeling good today.