HybridZ

interchangability of suspension 280z -> 2+2

Hey guys/gals;

I recently purchased (I have yet to get the car) a '74 260z 2+2.

I currently have a my 280z LS1 in the garage. I have wanted to upgrade the suspension on the 280z for a while (coilovers, adjustable struts etc) but just haven't got around to it. This 2+2 has a seemingly stock suspension at this point from what I've been told/seen.

What I would LOVE to be the case is that I could take my lowering springs/KYB's out of the red 280z which are still in good shape and plop them onto the 260z 2+2 along with my upgraded rear sway bar that I removed from the LS1 car. This would give me a decent start on the 260z for a nice around town cruiser and I could upgrade the red Z as I've wanted to with a clear since I can transfer parts so I feel like I'm recycling :)

Based on my week worth of searching the early 260z's have the narrower strut tubes ala the 240z's and the late 260z will have wider strut tubes ala 280z. I never saw a mention if the same is true for the 2+2 like the coupe's. I would assume so but I HATE assuming things especially when I'm within the planning stages.

IF the car is a late '74 (can't remember off hand the manufacturing date) and has the larger diameter strut tubes will my strut/spring combination swap over from the 280z?

Some clarification would be awesome as I can't seem to find anything through my searching on the 2+2 to coupe interchangability.

• 1 year later...