HybridZ

Got my RB20 240 finished

RB20DET_Z

After months of work Ive finished the first major round of work on my 71' 240. The new mods include:

Port/Polished/Decked head

Tomei HG

ARP harware

GReddy timing belt

Aeromotive FPR

Precision Turbo 525cc injectors

Holset HY35 turbo

Turbonetics wastegate with screamer pipe

Custom 3in downpipe

Custom intercooler piping

New raditor and fans

New gauges

DSCN3816-RS.jpg

I also prettied up the engine bay a little bit, still waiting to do a wire tuck and a deep cleaning.

The car was tuned at Rage Tek in Davie, Florida. Nemo is a wiz with the Electromotive ECU. Due to a failing crank position sensor bracket the car occasionally wants to stall at idle and starts to break up badly past about 6500rpm when at WOT. Still with thoes issues the car made 225whp and 203tq at 6500rpm pushing only 10psi. Im having a new bracket machined out of billet aluminum and the car will go back in for more tuning at ~20+psi and this time all the way to 8k/rpm. With the numbers Ive got so far Im thinking my original goal of close to 400whp and 350+tq is deifinitly attainable. We managed to get it to pull to about 7200 once or twice and it kept making power.

Is anyone else running a similar setup? If so what kind of numbers are you seeing?

Im excitied to see what this car can really do. With only 225 to the wheels and not revving to redline the car is already very quick. Im anxious to see what another 150whp feels like.

Ill post links to a few short videos later. The car sounds amazing. Thanks for reading, and drive safe everyone.