HybridZ

ZR8ED's legendary airdam strip is no more!

ZR8ED

As it states. My famous airdam strip made from garden edging is no more. I've been getting email for almost 15 years about that little mod. I am finally moving on. I am reworking my original belly pan, and reworking my block off plates in front of the rad. "while I'm at it" I am going to reroute my turbo intake pipe while the belly pan is off.

I am going to extend the belly pan all the way to the transmission. The pic I have is of the now removed lawn edging, the old rad lower block off plate, the old bell pan, with an initial concept of the extension made from cardboard.

I am taking what I have gleamed from the wind tunnel analysis to modify the airdam itself. I am going to sculpt it from foam, and then fibreglass it. (my airdam is fibreglass so this will be easy graft onto.

bellpanupgrading.jpg

I will post the process in the windtunnel area. I just wanted to post that the lawn edging is after almost 17 years finally retired from service. It was an amazing cost effective mod that really worked, and could instantly be felt "seat of the pants" at speed.

Z8RED, can you please put up the 'before' pics of your belly pan/diffuser in your new aero thread.

I have looked around the site, and it seems that the origional pics you put up have disspeared.

I would really like to see how you have done it, as i am toying with the idea of making a belly pan.