HybridZ

Voice warning.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After reading my owner's manual, I noticed that my 280 is supposed to have a voice warning system. My last car (84 300ZX) did the same thing. But my car doesn't talk at all. Where would I begin to find out why it's not talking. That was one of my favorite things about my 300. It freaked people out who didn't know what was going on. I wanna hear that chick's sexy voice again! What do I do?

Guest Locutus

go over to Zcar.com there are a ton of guys who have this same problem. do a search. It has something to do with the VOX module being wired in with a stereo speaker in the rear. Aftermarket speakers and a stereo might have disconnected that especially if you aren't using the factory speaker wiring anymore.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I don't have a imaginary friend, I do have these other voices that apparently only I can hear. They tell me to do really neat stuff. Like use your buddy's chapstick on the cats butt. icon_smile.gif

Lone

Guest Anonymous

My Moms BMW used to talk in German,but she didn't know it so she thought it was saying obscene things and blamed it on my Dad,an ace mechanic and a NASCAR official,and he's one of those guys youm might suspect of being able to do that sort of thing. Auk Tung Baby!

The Z's have a sultry-sounding woman saying something like, "Your door is open..." "Your handbrake is engaged" "Your engine is falling apart" icon_smile.gif Stuff like that. To picture it, think of a very sultry voice when repeating the phrases. It was a hoot back in the late 70's and early 80's hearing this stuff. Kinda neat actually.

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone think it would be possible to find the voice warning system from a Japaese Fairlady Z? That would be so cool to hear it talk in Japanese when something is wrong.

quote:

Originally posted by lonehdrider:

I don't have a imaginary friend, I do have these other voices that apparently only I can hear. They tell me to do really neat stuff. Like use your buddy's chapstick on the cats butt.
icon_smile.gif

Lone

Excuse me while I get up out of my chair! Too funny!

BTW, didn't they say your door is ajar. What the hell is ajar? I know my grandmother use to can stuff in ajar, but what does it have to do with a door.

Guest Anonymous

Be fun to play with that voice chip. Maybe hook it to a rev limiter. Something like..

"Oh baby, oh no body has ever rev'ed me the way you do.. Oh, please stop, I can't take anymore..."

Or a Mr. T voice...

"Look foo, you betta take yo foot off da gas or I won't say I'm gonna hurt ya, but they won't find no body.."

icon_smile.gif

Lone