HybridZ

1/4 times Vs HP

stony

I know its in here but i cant find it.... i saw a thread in here somewhere where people listed the hp and 1/4 times and how they had there cars setup any help.

im running 350 rwhp what should i see in 1/4 times?

Here is the formula I use:

RWHP = (((mph*mph)/ET)*(weight-with-driver/1000))/9.1

For example, my last run was 11.25 @ 121.62 and my car now weighs in at 2820lbs with me (harumph).

(((121.62*121.62)/11.25)*2.82)/9.1 = 407.4RWHP

If RWHP and weight are given, you can derive a number that is MPH squared/ET and there you have to play games with those numbers. I guessed your car's weight w/driver at 2700lbs and came up with 11.60s @ 117. That assumes a very ggod launch. If the launch is not good the ET will be less and the MPH more.

Ok thats a cool formula!!!! and i thought math sucked in school icon_biggrin.gif

My car has fiberglass bumpers, hood, no interior except drivers seat, no heater core or fan or a/c so im thinking i weigh alot less then a normal z. I plan on redoing teh interior later on after a rollcage but until then this is the way my car will be run. thats what i was hoping for mid 11s i will be making a run hopefully next week so well see. i have 10K springs in teh back and until i get my new springs im thinking traction may be a problem ;<