HybridZ

GTO / t56 clutch slave fitting?

I have a t56 from a GTO (2004) and I'm not sure how to adapt up a line from the master to the slave. The slave has the GM looking quick connect (see attached picture). I really don't want to take the transmission off to make this connection if I can help it. I was thinking of cutting off the fitting and trying to flare the steel line - but that is the last resort.

Any Ideas?

GTO Slave 1_thumb.jpg

well i just cut the line with tube cutters and put fitting on and flared line easy enough done

but if i was doing it again i would split transmission from engine and fit braided line direct to clutch fitting would also fit a braided line to bleeder with bleed nipple on other end so i can reach it at manifold level much easier to bleed than trying to do it in the tunnel just a tip i saw on aussie ls1 site

mick

I drilled and tapped the fitting for an AN fitting and used a braided line. Make sure you have surgeons hands or you will crack the cast aluminum. Not easy, but if done right, no problems with leaks or replacing it.