HybridZ

My KAE-T project / learning curve...continuation

jerryb

This is a continuation of this previous thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1029799#post1029799 .

After my fun but disapointing day at Mosport I realized that I need to be a tad more serious with my SX track project and use more thought in assembling my engine to prevent another melt down....... while building more ponies.

This will happen in two stages.....

Stage one........ will be to replace the spent KA24e motor with one from a parts car I picked up yesterday (for $300) without any internal changes. Retain the Z31 turbo, increase injector flow, and complete the emanage install....and removal of the lower intake manifold butterflies This season..ASAP ...so I can have more fun.

Stage two..... will involve a fresh KA24e build with CP pistons, new rods, a FMI and new exhaust and a different MAF...and the transfer of anything else from stage 1 that is applicable. Basically "perfect" and finish the KA24e single cam turbo builld to 225 - 250RWHP+..... over winter.

All comments and suggestions along the way are always welcome!!!!.

• 2 weeks later...

So to prevent another meltdown I will be installing bigger injectors from a RB26 which are 440cc low impedence (free....laying around). However the KAe runs high impedence.

Which resistors do I require to make them work....10 watt 10 ohm ?

Do I understand this correctly..... if I wire the correct resistors in line...on the negative side?....they will work without problem but Im not very clear on this type of stuff.

Thanx in advance

Link to chain guide problem

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=149484