HybridZ

cant get past 3000 rpms(new test results and questions)

for those who dont know i cant the the car past 3000 rpm and it takes forever to go from 2500 to 3000. this only occurs while being driven. while parked and in neutral it will rev as high as i want. so far i have...

replaced fuel filters

new plugs and wires

new cap and rotor

new air pressure regulator

all new sensors on thermo housing

cleaned and checked throttle body

cleaned and checked all throttle linkages

checked continuity and position of tps

ran tests on ecu.(all continuity, voltage and ohm tests check out)

i havent checked the fuel pressure yet(ordered a gauge and will check this week).

i ran the continuity and ohm test on the afm and all came out fine. however it does appear that the previous owner did adjust it(the glue is gone from the adjustment screrws). is there any way of knowing how its suposed to be set.

i havent switched out the injectors yet because i simply cant afford a new set at the moment...

is there anything im overlooking? could it possibly be a clutch or tranny problem?

i dont think it could be an internal problem because the engine runs good and smooth and gets descent mpg. but if it could be internal, what would it be.

also. i removed the valve cover and it looks emaculate. very clean, no signs of ware. almost to good to be a 32 yr old engine. is there a way of telling if the engin has been rebuilt in the past. and if so, could somthing have been done to be causing this problem(like a new cam, etc).

sorry to keep bringing up this same old problem. your help has been great so far. hopfully it will be solved soon.