HybridZ

Roof Lining coming loose . .

New-to-240z

So, my driver side roof lining is starting to come apart.:frown: It is beginning to droop down where the sunshade sits, and is coming loose where the top left of the windshield is. I was wondering if anyone here found a simple way to fix this?

I was thinking of getting some kind of sealent or glue and sticking a needle through and squirting some out and then just apply pressure to the spot for a little while. I would do this to a bunch of spots until I am happy with the outcome. :hs:

But, I was hoping someone on here might have a better idea. The passenger side is perfectly fine, and I want to keep it that way!!

Any ideas?

well since 240's don't have "boards" the material is glued directly to the inner roof. The best adhesive I have found for this is made by 3M. If you can get between the panel and the roof shoot in some adhesive and press it back in place.

well since 240's don't have "boards" the material is glued directly to the inner roof. The best adhesive I have found for this is made by 3M. If you can get between the panel and the roof shoot in some adhesive and press it back in place.

Yup, 3m super77 spray adhesive works on almost anything. Use it all the time

SUPER77-16-D.jpg

I had the same problem and I just pulled the drooping part of the headliner out from the vinyl covered metal part which was holding it in, shot it full of spray glue and pressed it back into place.

Never had a problem since.

But then on my first Z ( along time ago) it was drooping in the center and hanging down substantially so I just tore it out and spray painted the roof.

I used 3M Super Trim Adhesive 08090 for the hood pad and headliner for my other project car and it worked beautifully. You can buy it a Walmart for fairly cheap.

So, my driver side roof lining is starting to come apart.:frown: It is beginning to droop down where the sunshade sits, and is coming loose where the top left of the windshield is. I was wondering if anyone here found a simple way to fix this?

I was thinking of getting some kind of sealent or glue and sticking a needle through and squirting some out and then just apply pressure to the spot for a little while. I would do this to a bunch of spots until I am happy with the outcome. :hs:

But, I was hoping someone on here might have a better idea. The passenger side is perfectly fine, and I want to keep it that way!!

Any ideas?