HybridZ

another wiring question

Guest dankinzle

Guest dankinzle

I got a little overzealous when I was cutting wires out of the wiring harness and it seems like I'm not getting power into my car anymore. Like nothing happens when I put the key in the ignition anymore. Is there a single point to which the power goes into the car that I can just run a hot wire to? This wiring is driving me nuts I'd be done if it weren't for it.

Thanks,

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: dankinzle ]

Guest dankinzle

hmm. yeah I'm mainly having problems with white and white/red wires. I cut the fuseable link, the shunt and regulator. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I don't understand the wiring diagrams, ie in a diagram when a white goes into a rectangle box with lots of little other square boxes and no white comes out?

Can I run a power line from the battery to the ignition switch or distribution block just to get power into the car? I guess what I'm asking is, is there a central locatino where all the power branches out from?

I remember someone was talking about color coding the wiring diagrams, if you were to do that, I bet tons would buy in, cause this black and white, make you cross-eyed business is nuts!

Guest zfan

Dan, Are you running a single wire gm type altenator or are you using old hitachi with regulator on fire wall/fenderwell?

I recently switched to gm one wire with built in regulator. Either way I believe you can run a 8 gauge wire from the positive post on the altenator to your fuse box to power it up as that is how I believe stock set up is. Make sure and set up with fuseable link(very important to do). The only reason I switched altenators is for high amp output. If your running alot of extra goodies you may want to look into this. Also lets you bypass that regulator,just unplug and toss.

Mike icon_biggrin.gif

It was me talking about the color diagram but that's gonna take a while. I think Pete is right, the big White/Red wire that comes out of the back of the ignition coil should be the main power wire. It reaches up to the top of the right turn signal arm if I remember.

Owen