HybridZ

Building a Z_Tip book

My 240 has to wait for its V8 until I finish building the house & shop where the conversion will be done (The County is getting hard nosed on buiding permit extensions).

Meanwhile, I'd like to save hard copies of posts from this board for later guidance. Is this possible??? As helpful as people seem to be here, I assume the answer is 'yes', and I'm suffeering from Senior Syndrome again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks- A.G.

You can save the page with each thread (up until it hits 25 posts, then you'd need to save the subsequent pages).

If using Internet Explorer, you can save just the page being viewed by clicking File, then Save as and save that web page to view later as an html file. Alternately, you can change the file type to "text" and save just the text.

One really slick feature is to save teh linked pages as well. You can do this by adding the page to your "Favorites" and clicking the check box next to Make available offline. Click on Customize... to change the depth at which you want linked pages saved. Pretty cool way to save all the stuff on a site, it seems.

I know you can do the "save as" thing with Netscape as well, but I haven't tried to see if it allows saving of the linked pages as easy as IE.

Hope that helps.

Pete,

That's a SOFT copy ain't it? icon_smile.gif

Another good way is to get a program called Webget, or Webzip, etc. This will save an entire website, graphics and all depending on how you do the settings. You can also specify how many links to follow and whether or not to chase links out of the domain name. I use this program a lot, burn it to CDR and then take it to work for offline reading.

If you want hard copies, get a printer and lots of ink cartridges!

Owen

A.G., if you just want to print a topic that you are reading (like this page you are looking at now), you can of course select File then Print..., and make sure that the "All pages" button in the print box that pops up is filled in. (This is for Internet Explorer, Netscrape is similar, on a PC anyway.) That will print the html "page" you are viewing, to multiple pages of paper if needed to get all the html "page" in the topic printed. Sorry if you knew this..