HybridZ

Fried ECU on 78 280Z?

I have a question which I hope someone can help shed some light on: is it possible that my positive terminal connection to the starter from the battery, when it got mucked up w/ white residue & did not provide a good connection for current flow thru (in fact, for a while, I lost all electrical power, not even the courtesy light would work), during this intermittant power condition when I tried to start the engine, could a voltage surge have gone through the wiring system & fried the ECU? the ECU still works but now intermittantly makes the engine run really rich for a while (15-30 secs w/ thick black smoke out of the tailpipe) before it corrects itself...appreciate hearing from the community

thx for the reply...I should have mentioned that I have downloaded & gone thru the EFI Bible...a power surge thru the system screwing up the normally smooth operation of the ECU is the only thing that I can think of which would now cause this intermittant running rich problem...

again any thoughts/opinions/experiences are appreciated