HybridZ

Suspension components needed to make her roll!

Hey guys,

Currently I am doing fabrication to fit a ford solid axle rear end into my car, fortunately I haven't got too far yet. I am moving here in a couple weeks, and the whole rear end is out of the car, I usually don't like to skimp on things especially like this but due to time constraints I don't think I will have time to put the whole thing back together.

So the question is how much of the rear end needs to be put back together to roll this thing around? Not too far, just enough to get it on my trailer, and then unload it at my new shop.

uh, control arms and teh rear crossmembers? you don't need to install the diff or halfshafts to make a roller. the hub is triangulated by the control arm and strut, so that's all you need. bolt in front/rear diff crossmembers and rear A arms

YEP. What aux. said above. My 73 was rolling around without the rear end, half shafts, drive shaft, and rear brakes for awhile.

Hey guys,

Currently I am doing fabrication to fit a ford solid axle rear end into my car, fortunately I haven't got too far yet. I am moving here in a couple weeks, and the whole rear end is out of the car, I usually don't like to skimp on things especially like this but due to time constraints I don't think I will have time to put the whole thing back together.

So the question is how much of the rear end needs to be put back together to roll this thing around? Not too far, just enough to get it on my trailer, and then unload it at my new shop.

You don't even need the struts.

A long length of 1" threaded pipe with another short length welded perpendicular to first will work as the strut. Use all-thread for the spindle pin through the LCA and the short length of the pipe section you've made. Make a plate with a 1.5" hole in the center and slip it over the top of the long length of pipe as it protrudes through the stut tower center hole. Screw on a pipe end cap to the long length of pipe.