HybridZ

Just sharing my happy happy joy joy feeling!

plexus

My zx has been down for a month with a wierd problem. Since i didnt want to spend the money to fix the motor (on top of that i had 2 piston rings out) i was saving up to do the swap i wanted to do (sbc).

one afternoon i was tooling around the net looking for parts (mainly shoping around) and low and behold i find a l28 in damn there mint condition for a cool $100 bucks (on craigs famous list). i reached out to the seller with some simple questions. it turned out, the guy bought the motor couple of years ago and had it sitting up still wrapped and covered. and just wanted to get rid of it.

so i went to his house (evan better only 20 min away from mine)checked the motor gave it good once over. hoisted it up on my truck, slid him the denero and was on my way to the shop that was going to do the swap for me (yes i no it is an easy swap persay, i just dont have the time or space to do this type of job at my house, gated community rules apply :(...lol).

this was last Saturday and it is all complete, i evan threw in a new (not to mention gaskets, plugs, wires, etc. i mean it did sit for a moment in time) clutch to boot! so now i cant wait till this Saturday to go and get her (stupid job has me out of town this week).

i am so happy happy joy joy ......warm and fuzzy feeling :).

sorry for the novel i just needed to vent it out....yeah!!!!

long live the Z!!!!:burnout:

Congrats on the find ! are you still going to swap in the chevy motor down the road?

thanks all, it was a great find i got the car back last night drove her around and pulls super hard....so happy with it! my machanic who did the swap was also impressed on the find and cost.

to answer your question magnum, yes!. i do plan on doing the swap but now i can get back to the game plan with getting the suspension handled like i was doing before the engine problems.

What's the going rate to do a stock engine swap?

not sure if there is a going rate per say, my mechanic charged me $450 total for my direct swap. however i bought all the tune up part plus new gaskets. i think it would have been evan cheaper if the tune up and gaskets were not needed labor. he all so put in a new clutch for an additional 200 bucks (parts and labor). the grand total came out to $650, i think it was pretty cheap and the turn around was pretty quick too.

Yep, not bad at all!

If the engine is that good of shape, and a new clutch your good to go for 100k plus on the engine, and at least 100k on the clutch. (if at least oem, and your good at useing a clutch).

So that can be equated to years of sevice for a couple of "new" car payments.

I do understand about "gated" community and there rules. There is always a price to be paid for security.

thanks all, it was a great find i got the car back last night drove her around and pulls super hard....so happy with it! my machanic who did the swap was also impressed on the find and cost.

to answer your question magnum, yes!. i do plan on doing the swap but now i can get back to the game plan with getting the suspension handled like i was doing before the engine problems.

cool keep us posted on your mods!

Yep, not bad at all!

If the engine is that good of shape, and a new clutch your good to go for 100k plus on the engine, and at least 100k on the clutch. (if at least oem, and your good at useing a clutch).

So that can be equated to years of sevice for a couple of "new" car payments.

I do understand about "gated" community and there rules. There is always a price to be paid for security.

cool keep us posted on your mods!

I think im pretty clutch savy, been driving them for a pretty long time. I actually perfer them over autos in certain makes of vehicles, for me its the sensation that you get when driving a manual tranny, that i'm controling every thing feeling. not that the same in an auto or auto-stick.

I will most deff put up mods that i do, when i have some worth mentioning. i just dont think flooding the site with the standard mods that every one does is worth while unless you open up a "my z mod thread" and list them all there.