HybridZ

Important! Clutch purchase, fast!

Hey everyone. I am going to purchase a new clutch next week! My car is pure stock, as of now(79' ZX non turbo). Here's the thing.. At the Zstore. http://www.thezstore.com I am looking at ACT clutch kits, and the Centerforce II clutch kits. I don't race my car, and I don't really plan on racing a whole lot. There are a ton of cops in my town, but I do like fast engagement.. :) Not to say I won't decide to challenge some punk on the street, but my main driving is to work, or to school. So. . I want the ACT clutch, but I have heard that clutches that are designed to take a beating/ for racing, when they aren't used that way, can damage your car. Should I stick to the Centerforce, until I do my swap, or should I shell out the cash and get the better, high performance, clutch kit? Responses will be much appreciated! Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a clutch kit at summit. Here's the kicker, it's made in China. Iy. Anyway, I also purchased a new muffler, and I'm working on getting a 2.5 inch custom exhaust for my car. I was going to purchase a header, but funds just aren't there right now. So, I'll fit the new exhaust to my stock manifold, and eventually upgrade to a header. Anyone know the best route to custom build an exhaust? I'm planning on buying already bent pieces to fit my car, but I'm not sure how well that'll work, or how to accurately measure these bends so that I know it will fit. I can do the welding.. Hm. Any ideas?

Easiest thing to do to make a quick custom exhaust is figure out where you want all the stuff to go (muffler, glass back, whatever else you may or may not stuff in there) and then find a big long strip of card board (or tape some together) and make a template, 2.5" wide. Then once you get your template made, go to your local muffler shop and ask them to bend you a 2.5 inch pipe to that template. It'll then bolt up where the template was. Shouldn't be too pricey either.