HybridZ

Can I delete the reservoir tank for the gas tank?

So, plain and simple as most of us know the bumpers on the late 70's z's look like trash. I took mine off and went to remove the brackets bolted to the under side of the car. Anyone that has done this knows the driver's side is a sinch, but the passengers is much more difficult. So I dropped the tank, but in the process destroyed the hose from the tank to the fuel pump and the hose from the reservoir to the tank(the big fatty one that goes to the rear top of the tank). i have yet to find a replacment for the one from the pump to the tank, but i know i can't get a hold of the other one, so is it possible to just remove the reservoir and cap off the holes to the tank and filler tube?(1975 280z auto, original)

I tried that, I first tried out a few different generic parts stores and none carried fuel line that large that could bend the way I needed it to, so I bit the bullet and went to nissan to see if they could order them. They were able to pull up the parts i needed, but they were unavaliable(it was also $50 for the fatty tube, eeck!). So my next question is can i use water tubing since this is a breather hose, not a fuel line? At the moment its either that or wait till someone knows how important that E-vap tank is.

Thanks for the heads up on the fuel vapors. Thats a good start for what i was looking for on how to get rid of that damn thing haha. but i see i am still nearly in the same prediciment with that fatty hose, it seems as though i would need to run that to the filler neck to releave the pressure. Grrr.... Now if i was able to keep the car i would just say screw it cut a hole in the floor and drop in a fuel cell... more thinking to do i guess...