HybridZ

Does FuseBox blow fusible Links?

As the title states, i was wondering if a Fusebox can pop fusible links. I have looked at all the wires that are connected to that fusible link and also looked at all wires and connections. I have read the schematics and that particular link leads to the fusebox.

please chime in!

thanks bee

the fusible links fuse the feeds to the fuse box as well as other items, if you continue to blow links either the short is betweent he link and the fuses int he fuse box, or you have higehr value fuses thant he links and the short is on the other side, also excessive amp draw can blow the link if distributed across a number of fuses

the fusible links fuse the feeds to the fuse box as well as other items, if you continue to blow links either the short is betweent he link and the fuses int he fuse box, or you have higehr value fuses thant he links and the short is on the other side, also excessive amp draw can blow the link if distributed across a number of fuses

Yesterday I went and pulled all the fuses out and i found a 30 amp fuse in a 10 slot. I am going to replace it with the correct value and hope it will turn over

Yesterday I went and pulled all the fuses out and i found a 30 amp fuse in a 10 slot. I am going to replace it with the correct value and hope it will turn over

I that's not going to fix your problem. There's still something drawing way too much current, meaning you have a short somewhere. If it's on the circuit with the 30 amp fuse, then you will simply blow the 10 amp fuse. However, that will tell you that the short likely is somewhere on that circuit. And that doesn't mean you should leave the 30 amp fuse in there. You should still replace it with the appropriate amperage fuse or it defeats the purpose of having the fuse there in the first place...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

We need more information to go further. What year Z is this? Is this something new that just started happening? Did you recently acquire the car, and it's always done this? Does it only happen when trying to start the car? Help us out here...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

We need more information to go further. What year Z is this? Is this something new that just started happening? Did you recently acquire the car, and it's always done this? Does it only happen when trying to start the car? Help us out here...

Nigel

'73 240ZT

the car is a 78 280z

When i received the car it was not running

it only blows the link if I tried starting the car

I also replaced the ignition relay and stock coil with msd blaster 2

O man.. so i replaced it with the correct fuse and it still blew! this time it blew as soon as i stopped "starting" it . It didnt blow when i was trying to start it but rather after.

If I read your post before hand I wouldnt of tried it :/

then your problem or at least one problem is on that circuit, what circuit was it? something on that circuit is causing a short