HybridZ

HEADLIGHTS`

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

how do i get the headlights out?? this is giving me a headache, and it's only this little thing. i see 3 screws and none of them will come out, and i think i about shredded the threads. thanks.

Turn your steering wheel all the way to lock, then stick your head as far into the fenderweel as you can--there should be 4 phillips head screws in there--pull those, and the whole "bucket" comes out, then you can remove the trim ring and pull the bulb.

**Helpful hint--take one of the 4 screws to a decent hardware store and get some metric hex-head bolts to put in there--makes next time alot easier

Jim

Good tip, Jim!

Also, you may want to spray a lot of Liquid Wrench or similar product on those screws--if they are rusted or whatever, give it time to soak in (maybe overnight). Use a phillips that fits perfectly, because anything else will strip the head. I know this from experience. Put as much pressure on the screwdriver as possible to make it happen. Good luck.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

If your a big guy like myself (well big as in hefty I guess would be the PC way of saying it) you may want to remove the tire, it just gives you way more room. (Why Datsun ever made them come out the back is beyond me..) icon_rolleyes.gif

Regards,

Lone

Actually I think removing the fender and bucket together, and putting them on a bench to work on is the real way to go. icon_smile.gif Especially the first time you take them apart in a long time. Make sure you put some kind of anti-sieze on the threads when you put them back together as they see a lot of water/road salt etc. and will rust again easily.

Guest Anonymous

Well, actually the easiest would be to drive in to Nissan and say "Fix this damn thing", but they'd probably take it off and set it on the bench to work on it and cost you a fortune... icon_razz.gif

Regards,

Lone