HybridZ

Product reviews... :)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'll preface my opinion by saying I havn't compared other products, so can't judge the products I'm speaking of except as to how they work compared to stock.

I recently did the front end with Energy bushings, a big thumbs up for those, the front end is a dream now, not some forklift jolting ride like before. (well the new struts helped too.. icon_wink.gif )

Also worthy of mention, the Suspension Techniques springs, lower the car about an inch, spring rate seems good for street (not for track, but hey thats what coilovers are good at... icon_smile.gif ).

Another product that MSA markets, although it has the same color powdercoat/paint as the springs so I suspect they're made by ST as well, is the MSA swaybars. While I've yet to try and scrape the doorhandles on the ground with them yet, I can say they keep the car very flat and the car zips around corners it used to flounder around in. Thumbs up for those (price, hmmm, a little pricey, if you can get them at whitney where I got my ST springs, might be had cheaper I donno if they offer them there though).

Last item: Summit racing, turbo muffler. 3" in and out I used offset both sides, center/offset might have been better. It sounds real good, throaty but not raspy and a bargin at 20.00 (the unit is a tad long though as some turbo units go, so I had to angle it a bit but it works fine and sounds good.). Honorable mention also to the Howe Racing radiator I put in. Works good, stays pretty cool, I'm happy with it.

There ya go, nothing earth shaking, but thought I'd share my opinion on a few items I put on the car.

Regards,

Lone

I have the suspension techniques sway bars and springs on my 240. I had just the springs on my last one. They rock like you say! Car turns like it's on rails (moving to 205 55 16's from my 205 60 14's helped also) By the way, Summit racing carries suspension techniques parts. You'll have to special order for the Z, but I saved more than $100 getting the parts from them. I have the MSA urethane bushings on my car, it's nice to know their is another option. How does your MSA rear bar mount? Mine came with new vertical braces for the rear of the control arms and the sway bar braackets bolt to that unlike the Nissan sway bar that goes underneath the front diff mount.

Guest Anonymous

Mike C: The rear bar mounts with links running down to the rear A arms and the bar itself mounts to some frame rails, its weird, they have 4 square tubes that are used as spacers to make the mount sit flush on the frame rail. I know that sounded weirder than it is, but basically the mount stradles a frame rail back there and the tubes are spacers to let that happen. It mounts under the front of the diff in this application. Seems to work great.

Zdreamer: Sorry man, I ain't forgot about your ride bud, really. The car really is ready to be driven a bit more now I think and I will email you and send you my number as well. Talk to you soon about it, promise!

Regards,

Lone