HybridZ

JTR Manual - How many Editions?

Peternell

What is the current edition # and date?

I have the first edition with a 1990 date.

I've read several post that talk about engine and tranny combos (LS1's T-56, etc.) that my edition obviously does not cover. I'm going the carbed enarly engine TH400 route so am I missing anything?

Newer suspension suggestions?

Does the later edition cover the 4L80 and 4L80E transmission?

Thanks Larry (aka Peternell)

Larry,

I received my manual 2 weeks ago.

Seventh Edition...Third Printing...Printed Feb, 2001. The manual doesn't really cover the LS1/LT1, but does have an extensive section on the T56 and also 'assumes' the use of a 700R4 (4L60) if doing the auto thing. (No mention of the 4L80s). It does have a section on suspension, mainly the modification to mounting position of the front lower control arms. Since I have not seen the earlier editions, I have no point of reference as to changes, but would be happy to answer specifics. Maybe JTR will give you a discount on the newer edition since you already have an earlier one??

Tim

Is that a "new" edition? Mine has a little on the T56, lot's on the 'Vette 6speed but then tells you not to use it, and nothing on the LT1 LS1. The TPI swap book had more info on the T56 than the Z book did!

Hrm, 6th edition faintly rings bells with me concerning my book. Sounds like it's time to order another! :P

Remember how around last December no one could get a JTR manual? The newest version is the seventh edition. Not much has changed. I have a feeling that for the eighth edition, there will be some major changes, like LS1 info and new radiator info.

Davy