HybridZ

Metal blocking axles from going in totally.

thehelix112

Guys,

I have a 3.54:1 R200 that came in my 280z. If I pull both axles out I can see straight through it.

I also have a 4.11 R200 locker I got from Myron, which I cannot see through.

The `block' (don't know the term which is perhaps why I can't find anything searching?) is causing the longer Z31 CV axle that I have to not go all the way in on the passenger side.

So, what the hell is this block called so I can search some more, and/or, how do I get rid of it?

Many thanks, and apologies if this is a repeated topic.

Dave

A CiG locker. I'll try and dig up the pics myron took when he welded it. The stub axles are the same length yes, however they need to go on opposing sides. The longer stub axle on the Z31 axle is attached to the longer shaft, which only fits in the drivers side, which is where the shorter one needs to go.

Dave

You might still be able to take that spacer piece out. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, looking at the pictures.

The other option is swapping the ends on the CVs, which isn't terribly hard either. Just pull the boot back and knock the joint off the end of the shaft with a dead blow hammer, it's just held on with a circlip.

Great! I pulled the boot back from the inner end of the Z31 axles and couldn't see how it was attached. The outer ends have a circlip that I wouldn't wanna just smash out.. not to doubt you Jon, but I'd love some confirmation that you can remove the inner joints that way, coz if you can, I'm definitely doing that! Great info, and much obliged.

Dave