HybridZ

Factory Service Manual sources?

jeromio

Jerimio,

I kind of stumbled on this by accident while working at MIC. I worked there almost 4 years before I realized GM's Publishing Dept, was right next door to our office (umm..GM Building-DUH!) for North Texas Region.

Anyway...you cant call the HQ in Flint because they hate phone calls as they are extremely busy. But for any & I MEAN [ANY] GM Manual-Service Manual or Frame & Chassis Manual...actually you can obtain just about any manual used to service a GM vehicle that the dealer has. You can write your letter to:

Warehouse & Distribution

Division of General Motors Corp.

6060 West Bristol Road

Flint, Michigan 48554

In your letter you will need to make a request for their form listing the "current & classic" service manuals still available. They usually respond rather quickly (10 days to 3 weeks).

You can also ask for a dozen copies of that list (for your friends & such) as it is in their best interest to circulate the list to as many people you can as anyone can buy the books w/out being a GM employee.

The best thing is you dont have to go thru the dealer so you can avoid their mark-up on whatever manual you're purchasing....and we all know the fun you've had w/dealers this year.

I'm not sure if they have any manuals on the fuel/electrical systems only(?).

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin Shasteen ]

Guest Locutus

Popular Mechanics sells a cd made by Alldata I think, but it appears to have factory service manuals on cd. I have not seen other years but for my 1996 Z71 it has been most effective. Especially in those areas other manuals refer you back to the dealer for such as A/C.

Mike