HybridZ

75-76 changes?

So i am thinking of buying this 76 z to use for parts on my 75, and it looks like a totally different animal under the hood. I don't mean the engine, but just all the "stuff" thats bolted on the fenders. I think its a california car so that may be what i mean, but are there significant changes from 3/75 to 7/76? i know its the very last month of the 76 so i'm just curious what can be swapped and what can't.

Lol... Another one of these? As said in a recent previous thread.

That would be off the chain if you could swap a 76 motor into a 75! lol...

For the short answer yes, you can. All L-series motors are interchangeable from 240z-280zx....

hahaha, yes i know the motors and stuff are good to go, but i mean like should i look out for the door latch swap, those kind of things. the thing that caught my eye was the seat belts are set up different, and then the engine bay just had this extra stuff that past owners took off mine or if its the difference between a national car and a california car. did all z's have the gigantic cc and muffler or was that a cali car only?

I have a '76 federal vehicle so that I have no EGR, and no catalytic converter ( at least stock).

Count your lucky stars that you have a '75 because now you can modify it with impunity!!!! ( And I just got my vehicle registration letter with biyearly smog certification required this year)...