HybridZ

Stock Z car belly pan???

Guest needwaymorespeed

Guest needwaymorespeed

I was in the junkyards the other day when I saw on the front of a z a thin sheet metal pan that goes from the front of the radiator support to the 2 lower sides of the engine bay and attaches to the engine cradle.

Whats youre take on this never seen one before ,help out aerodynamics at all?? or just improves the cooling

Curtis

I have one on my current Z, but neither of my priors did. (First was a '73 240 then a '72 made Novemeber '71. Current car made Jan '72) I can't make any statements as to aerodynamics or specifics about cooling, but the engineers did it for a reason so I would assume that either cooling or economy were increased by a noticeable amount for them to include it.

There is a huge thread entitled "Bellypans for aerodynamics" or something close to that where everyone, including some people really in the know, gave their facts and opinions. Made for a very good discussion!

http://www.hybridz.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000129

You can read much more about this topic here icon_smile.gif

HTH

Davy

Guest Anonymous

The pan you have on your car is a factory piece that most,if not all,280's had. It wasn't put there for aerodynamics so much as protection form debris that comes off the road.