HybridZ

Piston make / supplier options for 88 VG30ET?

madcj8

After searching thoroughly and coming to the conclusion that I really don't want to go with TT rods and pistons, I am trying to find what options are out there for oversize pistions for the ET. I just got off the phone with BRC and Scott gave me a quote of 607 for a set of 9-1 CR pistons, BUT they are three weeks out. Do I have any other options in at least an .030 oversize? The 9.0-1 CR seem a little much in case I want to bring my boost up some more later on.

Any piston made for the de will work one way or another. If you have the W-series engine (you do, if it's the original motor in your car) then there's only slight machining required for the pistons to work on your stock rods.

Just be careful of the advertised compression ratio if you're using z32 stuff, the combustion chamber volumes differ between the vg30e and vg30de. The number floating around these days is that you lose about 1 unit of compression using z32 pistons in a z31. So if you order 10:1 z32 pistons you'll get 9:1 compression in your Z.

After searching thoroughly and coming to the conclusion that I really don't want to go with TT rods and pistons, I am trying to find what options are out there for oversize pistions for the ET. I just got off the phone with BRC and Scott gave me a quote of 607 for a set of 9-1 CR pistons, BUT they are three weeks out. Do I have any other options in at least an .030 oversize? The 9.0-1 CR seem a little much in case I want to bring my boost up some more later on.

My L series 3 Liter uses VG30ET style pistons , the piston maker is BRC and if you PM me I will give you my information which should work fine for your application.