HybridZ

We need information about a digital dash

BAlford

We recently bought a car that has been a show car. It has a V8 and was on the audio show circuit. All of the Z wiring was removed, the dash and everything under the dash. We have the original dash but would be interested in a digital dash.

We have found digital instruments for the car. Would the instruments fit in our non digital dash and how is the wiring different?

Are the digital systems problematic? Would a JTR manual be helpful, we mostly need information for the wiring.

Take a look of our car:

Our Z-Car

waskomtexas@waskomtexas.com

Hi Balford,

You will need the wiring harness that runs under the dash for the digital cluster. The plugs in the back of both clusters are different. Also you will need the temperature sending unit that comes with the car that has the digital dash. Your best bet is to buy an entire wiring harness from an 83 car and it will depends on whether you will go with turbo or N/A motor also. Check on the passenger side kick panel to see you still have 4 big plugs there. If they are still there all u need is the wiring harness for the dash. If not the previous owner had removed the entired wiring harness for the car and ran his own wiring. If he ran new wires then you will have to figure out where all the wires from the dash will go to ie. which sensors go where and which is power etc.... Look like a big mess here.

Alot of people said these digital meters have alot of problems but not me.. I converted my car from an analog to digital. The JTR will not help you with this. BTW there are some differences between the turbo and non turbo wiring harness even the one goes to your dash. If your car was a N/A then u need to get an N/A harness otherwise you will have to cut and reconnect some wires. Email me if you need any help. I think I have a harness for the digital setup and the cluster also.

Vinh http://vvu.tripod.com