HybridZ

Summit fuel rails/LS1 fuel feeds/adapters questions

Aux,

Here is the fuel rail kit I purchased for my LSx conversion. One of, if not the cheapest I found, ($91.95 retail!),

10610.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PFS-10610/

I expected it to be really poor quality given the price, once I received it I found only the packaging was somewhat cheesy, the rails, mounts, machining and machining alignment all looks to be just fine! :wink: It is even height adjustable for the different length GM fuel injectors...

Your C-5 filter with integral FPR is a great way to go. Return less fuel rails… :2thumbs:

Here’s one of my LS1 intakes with this fuel rail mocked up and scratch built EGR plug;

int1.jpg

Do you think I'd have any issues running 'truck' injectors with these rails?

Thanks!!

• Administrators
Do you think I'd have any issues running 'truck' injectors with these rails?

Thanks!!

The uber short truck injectors?

Looks like it can be done, will require one of a couple different alterations to make fit.

1) Slot the mounting holes in the fuel rail as I did, but even further and also slot the mounting tabs vertically for the lower stance.

2) Build new mounting tabs with correct offset and elevation in the mounting holes.

This will place the fuel rail lower which will make access to the intake manifold mounting bolts, (bolts that attach the intake to the heads), difficult to get to, possibly even touching the those bolt heads. Probably just mount the fuel rails after the intake is installed on the engine?