HybridZ

Need SDSEFI Help.....

Ron240zxt

Hello all, well got the car to run better tonight, BUT!!!! im not happy, more depressed then anything. The car runs with a slight miss from idle to 3000rpm. My Fuel ration is 14.7 on a wide band o2, so looking good there. the plugs look nice and brownish, just doesnt sound right... There is also a poping noise every so offen almost non smooth pulses. the car initial timing is 22 degrees. Any Advice or help into determining what i need to do to correct this Please let me know...or any ideas what the noise is...Thank you Ron.....

38lb base fuel pressure

89-91 Rx7 injectors (550cc)

L-28T with 87mm bore with 240 Rods

p90 head

icon_confused.gif

i havent tuned an sdsunit but i will guess-what is timing at 3000 rpm with no boost-should be about 32 to 36 btdc.14.7 is ideal but alot of engines wont run this lean-it depends on combustion chamber design.go a little rich then lean out.22 is a little advanced for idle even though oem zxt ecm ran at 20 btdc.i would probably try about 15.tune off boost first.after engine gets about 5 psi boost timing should retard to 22 to 24 degrees.try tuning for power then lean out at rpm ranges you use for cruise speeds.

Guest Anonymous

I'd check that ignition curve. I had the same problem for a while an it was due to too much advance coming in too soon.

Every engine combo is different, but right now I have my RPM/IGNITION set as follows:

500 10

750 14

1000 16

1250 18

1750 20

2000 22

2250 24

2500 26

2750 28

3000 30

then 31 degrees from there.

Then on the MAP/IGNITION screen I loaded a value of 250 from -14.5 to -18 to give me 5 degrees of "vacuum advance" at cruise and a value of 4 from +.33 to -8 to pull some timing out at high load.

Also go back and check the magnet position. I found that mine had moved a few degrees after I did a minor adjustment to the pickup.