HybridZ

Looking for N42 Head

zcarcrazy

Hey guys. I'm looking for an N42 head that has been recently rebuilt, to trade for a freshly rebuilt P90. The P90 has not been bolted to a block since the rebuild. I, unfortunately, bought it before I got all of my ducks in a row. I wanted a good flowing, square exhaust port head, and it was available when I had the money. I'm not interested in adding a turbo, and at the present time I'm running the stock engine in my '77 280 (with dished pistons - to the best of my knowledge). I plan to keep the fuel injection, thus I thought the N42 would be my best bet. I just can't afford to buy one outright, and would love to trade this P90 if anyone with a comparable condition N42 is willing. Thanks for the consideration in advance.

Not to bust your bubble but the p90 is tested and proven the best flowing l28 head...

That's precisely why I bought it in the first place. However, it's my understanding that placing it on a short block with dished pistons will actually decrease my compression ratio, thus yielding less power. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I just feel that I would have to invest more money into a tightly budgeted project than I'm able to right now, just to make this head work. Whereas, if I were able to trade for an N42, I would be able to just bolt on my existing components and ride. Thanks for your input.

Hey Crazy, sorry no head but in the same boat as you. I was building a L28 for a turbo and got a P90 and scrapped my N47. Well, things changed and I decided to go with a Arizona Z 4BBL intake and am now installing a MSA stage three cam (460 lift 270/280 dur.). The only difference is the P/O installed flat tops in my engine, so that's what I have be running. Now I have herd both ways, that a P90 is the best flowing head you can get, but then when I talk about my build I have had people tell me I have a crappy (literally) build. I ran the engine with the stock cam, and it ran pretty good. Not a beast by any means, but pulled up through the gears good. I just don't think the stock cam had the duration to maximize the benefits of the P90 head. I would think with a cam designed to pull up to 6500 RPM and a good flowing large chambered head you should be pretty set up for success. Right or wrong, I'm not sure, but I will tell you, you can run it.

I accually have an n42 head and block... I was planning on keeping the block for a later bore project but wouldnt mind letting go of the head... shipping is steep though...

Im alot closer to NC than the California guy so it would probably be cheaper...

Is it complete (cam, rockers, springs, valves, etc.)? Do you have any pics? Let me know what shipping would be to 27834. Thanks.

I'll try to get some pictures for you, Shipping would have to go through greyhound(cheapest) I'll let you know tomorrow.

Guest jdellis09

I have a N42/N42 block/head engine in Yadkinville, NC- was running when pulled from wrecked '76 2+2. I'd like to have a P90 for a near future project- Let's work something out.