HybridZ

What do I need for my round top swap?

Haven't posted much here in a while, and after contemplating a budget SBC swap, I opted to focus my attention on getting the L26 reliable for now so I'm not wasting money on an "in-between" engine. I ordered a set of round tops from Bruce at ZTherapy on Thursday, and he said they should get them out to me within 10 days. :mrgreen:

Now, I've been researching, and haven't found the info I'm looking for. I ordered their part # ZT161 which "Includes 2 240Z 3 screw carbs, center linkage, throttle return springs includes core fee." So, what else, if anything, am I going to need? I've seen a few pictures of round tops bolted to N36 manifolds (like I have now), but they used really thick carb spacers/isolators. The ones I have now are less than 1/4" thick. Do I need to make/buy some of those?

Also, will everything else that I have now work with the round tops? Choke cables, throttle linkage from firewall, fuel rail, etc? I plan on making or buying some air cleaners because I know those are different.

Basically, what items will I need for a flat top to round top swap that aren't included with the ZTherapy "kit?"

Thanks!

-Grant

I think you're getting a video "how to" with the carb set. Should help.

I did this swap on my early 260. Pretty straight forward. Change the studs if the spacers are to thick. A few coolant hoses to eliminate/cap.

I also went with a 280 exhaust manifold and headpipe. Worked out quite nicely. I also used a pre egr balance tube. Will require a 280 throttle link.

I went with stock round top air cleaner, easy and has built in airhorns/velocity stacks.

Good luck

Now, I've been researching, and haven't found the info I'm looking for.

I'm assuming you used this already? http://forums.hybridz.org/search.php

Yep.

I think you're getting a video "how to" with the carb set. Should help.

I did this swap on my early 260. Pretty straight forward. Change the studs if the spacers are to thick. A few coolant hoses to eliminate/cap.

I also went with a 280 exhaust manifold and headpipe. Worked out quite nicely. I also used a pre egr balance tube. Will require a 280 throttle link.

I went with stock round top air cleaner, easy and has built in airhorns/velocity stacks.

Good luck

Thanks man. When you say "280 throttle link," are you talking about the center linkage between the carbs, or the square rod coming from the firewall? I figured it was pretty easy. I just didn't want the carbs to get here and then find out I have to order some small dinky parts I didn't know I needed. :cool: