HybridZ

Installed new RECIRCULATING coolant catch can w/ SILICONE hose, PICS

After having a small rock or bug break my aged and yellowing plastic coolant overflow bottle about a week ago, I thought it would be a good time to relocate the coolant overflow/recirculation can from the grill/front radiator area, to the engine compartment (in hopes of a nice fat intercooler at some point filling up that area in front of the radiator). Finding a place in the engine compartment that minimized the overflow line clutter seemed to pretty tricky but I noticed the radiator mounting tab that looked to be a nice spot. After a few feet of black silicone line, a Greddy style catch can with one of the top inlets plugged and some hardware, this is what I got. I have been running it for about a week and seems to work great.

Comments or ideas welcome!

Cost about $80 for everything.

1z1tys2.jpg

CatchCan_1.jpg

The resevior is designed to be used as a catch can, but you could surely use it as an expansion/overflow tank which I think is your intention,... just not sure why 2 hoses are connected to it. Where does the hose from the top of the catch can connect to??

Axmiester- we carry them at my work, just decided to put it to work. http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=18576

All the other stuff is on there too, I need to get the larger size silicone vac hose listed and i used a "fab tab" for mounting...

zxtman- exactly...the top hose is in case of it expelling more coolant than whats in the catch can, it still has somewhere to "overflow" to....

JSM-haha i know, its surface rust, I got the car from the orginal owner that had made 2 roadtrips from Cali to NY and back.... floors need some TLC too, thats coming in the next few months, ZeDD pans and bulldog rails w/ extentions

Evan Purple240zt-yes sir!

Im glad people like it, I may be designing some solid (no joints) strut bars shortly too. ill keep everyone posted.