HybridZ

ignition box mounting locations

Ive got the mallory hyfire vi digital ignitionbox and would like to not mount it under the hood but still have access to the box for adjustments. The cars got a sbc 327, MSD dist and coil. The reason for not mounting it under the hood is mainly dirt/water getting inside causuing damage. The cargo area at the rear of the car was and idea but im not sure if that amount of distance from the distributor and the coil would cause issues. Any ideas of inside the car but closer to the fire wall that wouldnt be a large obstruction to the passenger?

Ive got the mallory hyfire vi digital ignitionbox and would like to not mount it under the hood but still have access to the box for adjustments. The cars got a sbc 327, MSD dist and coil. The reason for not mounting it under the hood is mainly dirt/water getting inside causuing damage. The cargo area at the rear of the car was and idea but im not sure if that amount of distance from the distributor and the coil would cause issues. Any ideas of inside the car but closer to the fire wall that wouldnt be a large obstruction to the passenger?

I have the HI-6 and have it mounted behind the passenger seat. Works fine. In fact if you read the instructions on most of them they recommend mounting them in the cab.

My MSD 6AL was mounted in the glow box of the Z. I imagine the Mallory is about the same size? The drawback to the MSD in its location is the sound (clicks?!) and the lack of any room there. I will find a location under the dash eventually, to free up some space. The floor scares me when I think of a leak (which my car has) that could put water on the unit! No thanks!

Davy

• 2 weeks later...